Thursday, April 12, 2012

Patterns and tutorials in the Works


It's hard to imagine I could have much to add to the brilliance of folks like Ana White, Dana Made It,  Made by Rae, and all you creative folks at Project Run and Play.  But I've learned so much from the talented bloggers out there that I thought maybe I should try to contribute by sharing some of my own diy projects, along with some patterns and plans.
So for my first blog post ever, here are our five Easter dresses.  Yes, five.  Although we only have four girls.  We finally gave in and let K take her American Girl Doll to church, so the doll got one too.

Okay, I am so nervous to post this picture...but here goes:


Four of the dresses, including the American Doll dress, are adaptations of a circle skirt.  That is  because the girls think circle skirts are the best kind of twirly skirt, and there is no skirt better than a twirly skirt.


You can tell, I'm no photographer. The dresses look way better on.  Unfortunately, we did not wear them long enough to get pics on Easter because we wanted to run outside and play.  This pic is from the dress in progress before I added the ribbon at the waist.  Every time we tried it on, E wanted to twirl.  Sorry it is a blur...




That's about how K's dress fits her too, although the real girl dress doesn't drag on the ground.  The doll is posing on one of our projects--a doll bed built from Ana White plans here.  I made the mattress and pillow from Baby Lulu fabric.  We did dresses from that fabric last Easter.  The doll has a broken arm, I'm told.  That explains the leg warmer.

I did take pictures of some of the dresses in progress so I could write tutorials. My goal is to post patterns and/or tutorials for each of them. If you have a particular interest in one of them, please let me know and I'll work on getting the one with the most (any?) interest posted first. The blue hankerchief skirt dress fits approx size 6-7. The brown hankerchief skirt dress fits approx size 8-12. The ribbon tie dress fits 24 months to 2T, and the peasant dress is around a size 3-6 or 6-9  month. So if there is interest, the tutorials/patterns will start out in those sizes.

Thanks for visiting.  I would love your feedback, encouragement, or criticism.  Just be gentle, please.  And please bear with me as I learn about the world of  blogging.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be interested in the top part of the bluish hankerchief skirt dress! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete